Writing Prompt BUNDLE – Narrative, Informational, Argument, & Poetry Genres
Teachers, if you are looking for ways to improve your middle school students’ writing skills, I highly encourage you to try using quick writes each day! This quick write bundle will give you four different genres of quick writes – each containing 30 prompts! That’s a total of 120 days worth of low-pressure writing prompts!
This BUNDLED purchase includes the following:
- 30 Narrative Writing Prompts
- 30 Informative/Nonfiction Writing Prompts
- 30 Argumentative Writing Prompts
- 30 Poetry Writing Prompts
What are quick writes?
- Quick writes are short, low-pressure writing sessions that encourage reflection and writing fluency.
- All you need to do is share a prompt, a mentor text, and a purpose, then set your timer for 5-10 minutes and give the students time to write in their journals. Don’t be afraid to write alongside them!
- At the end of the quick write session, invite students to discuss or share their thinking.
- You’ll find, over time, that quick writes increase writing fluency and decrease student anxiety and paralysis toward writing.
Bonus! As a result of doing quick writes, students will have a notebook FULL of “seeds” to use for a later, more developed piece of writing!
BY PURCHASING THE BUNDLE, YOU ARE SAVING NEARLY 25% OF THE TOTAL LISTED PRICE!
IMPORTANT: This is a Google Drive product. Your purchase will require you to force a copy of the Google Slides and add them to your Google Drive.
What grade level is this best for?
I designed this resource to be used with my 6th grade Language Arts class. It can easily be used with 7th or 8th-grade classes depending on the abilities of students. However, please use your professional discretion if deciding to purchase this resource for different grade levels!
There is no additional prep work required. The beauty of this purchase is that I’ve made it easy to present the slides and go – saving you valuable planning and grading time! The slides ARE editable, so you may tweak the prompts for your students if needed.
Any other questions? Feel free to drop them in the comments below so other teachers may view them, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t forget to leave a review! I love to hear what my buyers have to say, how the product worked for them, and any feedback I can use to improve my product!
Hit the subscribe button –> and get notified when I’m running a sale!
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.