Holes Novel Study Unit
Fall in love with teaching novel studies using this comprehensive and engaging Holes novel study unit, guaranteed to help you teach Louis Sachar’s novel in an engaging and hands-on way. With this Holes book study, you’ll receive ready-to-use novel activities that will help your students connect with the book like never before, like:
- A Story Element Flipbook
- Vocabulary Activities
- Paired Nonfiction Passages
- Journal Prompts
- STEM Challenges
- & An Escape Room!
This Holes novel study unit is perfect for a full-class book study but can also be adapted for intervention groups, independent reading, literature circles, stations, and more!
✔ Check out the preview for a closer look!
Each set of activities will help your students sharpen their literary skills with vocabulary strategies, writing tasks, reading comprehension, informational texts, and much more.
► What’s included in this Holes Novel Study Unit?
- 12 Text Based Journal Prompts
- Printable Quick Write Journal Booklet
- Digital Google Slides Journal
- Complete List of Holes Vocabulary Words (listed by page number)
- Frayer-Model Vocabulary Log
- Weekly Context-Clue Worksheets
- Twitter Vocabulary Activity
- Cumulative Word Search for Early Finishers
- Digital Vocabulary Activities Included
✔ Holes Literary Element Flipbook
- Literary Elements Based Flipbook
- Students analyze the setting, conflict, plot, theme, and characters
- Digital Flipbook Included
✔ Holes Paired Informational Texts
- 4 High-Interest Nonfiction Reading Comprehension Passages,
- 800-1000 Lexile Level,
- 800-1000 Words Each,
- CCSS-Aligned Question Sets,
- Audio Files
- Digital Versions Included
- Build a Dirt Mover
- Design a Shelter
- Construct a Water Filtration Device
- & Build a Treasure Chest
- Close read a real Green Lake landmark,
- Sequence the story and complete a rainbow maze,
- Assemble a jigsaw puzzle,
- Solve for the volume of a Camp Green Lake hole,
- Decode a message & identify the character who said it,
- Use a compass rose to reveal the directions Stanley traveled to God’s Thumb & back.
Everything in this Holes book study is included in both print & digital versions, with the exception of the STEM challenges!
✎ For ideas on teaching with novel studies, click to read my full blog post on teaching Holes!
BY PURCHASING THE HOLES NOVEL STUDY UNIT, YOU SAVE OVER 30%!
TEACHERS LIKE YOU SAID…
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Alexandria said, “This is the most thorough, engaging, and well-made novel study resource that I have ever purchased. I look forward to using it again next year!”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ The Mitten Made Classroom said, “This is a great bundle to use for our Holes novel study! I love the paired informational texts too!”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Hannah said, “This was simple and easy to use while we are reading the novel. Great way to end the year! loved this to use to prep activities when I had a sub, or in class! The kids love it too!”
Have a question?
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I’ll get back to you within 24 hours.
✔️ Follow me to be notified when I’ve posted new products.
✔️ Subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for tips, ideas, and activities that make teaching middle school ELA feel engaging and purposeful.
Thanks so much,
Copyright © Hey Natayle.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
There are no reviews yet.