Holes Novel Activities – Literary Elements Print & Digital Flipbook
Take your Holes novel study to the next level with this interactive, literary element flipbook! These standards-aligned tasks make the perfect Holes novel activities to complement your book study. Students will consider the development of the setting, characters, conflict, plot, and theme throughout their reading of Holes.
✔ Check out the preview for a closer look!
These comprehensive Holes activities allow students to dive deep into Sachar’s literary work by considering the development of the literary elements. Each section contains meaningful and relevant work while still being engaging and accessible to all types of learners.
► What Holes novel activities are included in this flipbook?
- Students will describe the setting of the story,
- Students will consider how the setting impacts the plot and characters,
- Students will evaluate how the protagonist grows and changes throughout the story,
- Students will identify examples of internal and external conflict,
- Students will map the plot of the story on a plot diagram,
- Students will identify critical events in the story,
- Students will evaluate how & why Louis Sachar used flashbacks,
- Students will gather powerful quotes & words of wisdom in the text,
- & Students will identify a central message or theme of the book.
Plus, everything is included in printable and digital formats!
This interactive flipbook of Holes novel activities is guaranteed to add purpose & depth to your book study!
Use this flipbook:
– As a culminating activity after finishing the book
– As an end-of-week activity throughout your Holes book study
– As a station rotation
– To complement any students’ independent book study
– In lieu of typical end-of-chapter comprehension questions
✎ For additional teaching ideas, click here to read my full blog post on teaching a Holes novel study!
TEACHERS LIKE YOU SAID…
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Sandra said, “This was the perfect resource for our novel study. Easy to use and comprehensive. Thank you!”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Tori’s Teaching said, “Great activity for my students to do while reading Holes!”
Supports Common Core Standards (CCSS):
RL 5.2, RL.5.3, RL.5.5
RL.6.2, RL.6.3, RL.6.5
► You might also like these other Holes Novel Activities:
- Holes Nonfiction Paired Passages
- Holes Vocabulary Activities
- Holes Quick Writes
- Holes STEM Challenges
- Holes End of Book Escape Room
OR, ⭐️ Bundle & Save for a 30% Discount ⭐️
Teach this novel without having to write a single lesson!
Click here to grab my full Holes novel study and receive a discount on your purchase. Get your planning time back and focus on what you love most – teaching!
Have a question?
Please email me at email@example.com. I’ll get back to you within 24 hours.
✔️ Follow me to be notified when I’ve posted new products.
✔️ Subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for tips, ideas, and activities that make teaching middle school ELA feel engaging and purposeful.
Thanks so much,
Copyright © Hey Natayle.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.