Back to School Activities for Language Arts – First Day Get to Know You Stations
Looking to engage your students from day one? You’ll love these interactive get to know you stations designed for the first day of school in language arts! Students love this kinesthetic spin on the typical back to school activities.
✔ Check out the preview for a closer look!
► What’s Covered with These First Day of School Stations?
There are four Language Arts themed Get To Know You activities for students to rotate through:
- Station #1: Student Introductions (using Padlet)
- Station #2: Investigate the Classroom
- Station #3: Take a Reading/Writing Survey
- Station #4: Close Read the Syllabus/Class Guide
Teaching love using these back to school stations to introduce their students to the classroom, content, and course without the painful drill-and-kill lecture.
► With Your Purchase, You’ll Receive:
- First Day of School Station Directions
- Student Recording Sheets
- Reading/Writing Survey (Based on Book Whisperer and Disrupting Thinking)
- Language Arts Syllabus Template & Example
- EDITABLE PowerPoints for everything included, so you can customize it to fit your needs!
I’ve successfully used these First Day Get to Know You stations in my 6th grade classroom for several years. Students often complete all four stations in less than 40 minutes!
► What You Need To Know:
- Stations 1 & 3 require students to use a device. I recommend pairing these stations with a “Join Google Classroom” instruction. This way, your students have access to your digital classroom from Day 1.
- If you do not use Google Classroom, the directions are editable so you can add your LMS info or eliminate the digital component.
TEACHERS LIKE YOU SAID…
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Jessica said, “Fun activity to use at the beginning of the year! Kids loved it and it was easy to set up.”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Kimberly said, “A wonderful resource to mix up my regular back-to-school activities! Thank you!”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Jennifer said, “My students loved this back to school activity because it wasn’t the same old boring index card and sit quietly while I read the syllabus.”
You might also like these other back to school activities:
- Bitmoji First Day Slides
- Cooperative Squares First Day Icebreaker Activity
- Million Word Reading Challenge
Have a question?
Please check out the Q&A section or email me at email@example.com. I’ll get back to you within 24 hours.
Don’t forget to leave feedback! I love to hear what my buyers say, how the product worked for them, and any feedback I can use to improve my product!
✔️ Follow me to be notified when I’ve posted new products. New products are always 50% off for the first 48 hours!
✔️ Subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for tips, ideas, and activities that make teaching middle school ELA feel engaging and purposeful.
Thanks so much,
Copyright © Hey Natayle.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.